ID of skin ailment in picture?

I hadn't intended to use my question for this, but I just can't get it out of my head right now ... what skin ailment would cause this? (Warning: semi-icky, but not disasterously awful, picture.) And is she wearing some sort of leather slacks, or are those her legs?
posted by WCityMike to Health & Fitness (14 answers total)

No image seen on the link you provided. Maybe hotlinking is not allowed.
posted by webmeta at 5:09 AM on June 29, 2005

I can't see anything either. Just a wild guess...is it this image? If so,I don't think it's a skin ailment....just a really old woman with lots of sun damage.
posted by iconomy at 7:02 AM on June 29, 2005

Considering her bikini top is where her belly button should be, I'd image it's an old woman, too...still scary, what too much sun does.
posted by Blue Buddha at 7:31 AM on June 29, 2005

Considering her bikini top is where her belly button should be, I'd imagine it's an old woman, too...still scary, what too much sun does.
posted by Blue Buddha at 7:32 AM on June 29, 2005

If it is iconomy's picture I would agree that its a combination of the effects of old age especially and the sun on her skin.
posted by manilamd at 7:35 AM on June 29, 2005

Considering her bikini top is where her belly button should be

Well, if you look closer, you'll notice that only the "bottom" string (that goes around her back) is visible in the photo. There is no top string over her shoulders or tied around her neck, so its possible that her top is folded down over her waist and she is (*shudder*) topless.
posted by anastasiav at 7:57 AM on June 29, 2005

Iconomy, that's the one.

Anastasiav -- *shudder*. I hadn't even thought of that possibility. More nightmares ...
posted by WCityMike at 8:25 AM on June 29, 2005

Holy moly! It looks like she's wearing a salami casing. I think that little boy has the only appropriate expression in this situation.
posted by crapulent at 8:29 AM on June 29, 2005

I'm just going to continue pretending that she's wearing a slightly-oversized leather wetsuit.
posted by ori at 8:29 AM on June 29, 2005

Iconomy, that's the one.

Good - your comment about leather slacks gave it away ;)
posted by iconomy at 8:40 AM on June 29, 2005

This has ruined my morning. *shudder*
posted by cmonkey at 8:59 AM on June 29, 2005

Overtanning x Age = leather skin?
posted by webmeta at 12:39 PM on June 29, 2005

So that's what my dermatologist was trying to warn me about!
posted by Lynsey at 2:43 PM on June 29, 2005

Coming soon...
posted by kamikazegopher at 12:13 AM on June 30, 2005

« Older when PC networks go bad...   |   Out damn humidity, out! Newer »