Medical Forum recommendtions?

any recommendations for good forums for doctors , especially places to post interesting/problematic cases and get feedback? It might be that the forum is not restricted to doctors or medical professionals, but should have a high signal to noise ratio, something sadly lacking on most consumer driven medical forums....
posted by dougiedd to Health & Fitness (4 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

I have no real idea about the quality of the discussion (I learned about the site because I was working on it briefly last year), but OrthoMind is a forum for orthopedic surgeons that seems potentially relevant.
posted by duien at 5:28 PM on January 8, 2012

Sermo is a forum that is limited to physicians; discussion is of good quality. I am not entirely sure of its anonymity, though; I believe posts are visible to industry (pharma, etc)l
posted by maryrussell at 6:52 PM on January 8, 2012

Sermo allows you to sign up with a display alias, although you have to confirm your identity to sign up. Your handle is visible to pharma, but I think your name isn't. B/c of the perceived anonyminity, you get the same kind of bullying and stupid posting behaviors as in lots of message boards. There is still some good discussion though.
posted by reddot at 7:03 PM on January 8, 2012

Despite obvious predominance of pre-med, medical student and resident posters, I still like the Student Doctor Network Forums, at least for my specialty.
posted by treehorn+bunny at 7:08 PM on January 8, 2012

« Older what is good sex for men?   |   Expired credit card number leaked. Problem? Newer »