Slim keyboard?

My boss is looking for a good travel keyboard and mouse, so's to avoid the hassles of laptop typing. (He even mentioned a folding one, or maybe a wireless one?) Any suggestions?
posted by Specklet to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

I'm not sure how small you want to go, but I have a keyboard that I use with my PDA. It works for both Palm and PocketPC
posted by abbyladybug at 3:38 PM on June 28, 2005

I have a couple of these. They're teeny and fairly sturdy.
posted by bshort at 4:20 PM on June 28, 2005

I have a Bluetooth folding keyboard:

http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawaybt_product.html

Which is nice, but not a lot better than a laptop keyboard. I've recently ordered a Bluetooth "virtual" keyboard:

http://www.expansys.com.au/product.asp?code=118539

Which is yet to arrive.

However, if he already has a laptop, I can't imagine that any portable solution will be better than the laptop's built-in keyboard.
posted by krisjohn at 4:53 PM on June 28, 2005

I can't imagine that any portable solution will be better than the laptop's built-in keyboard.

Agreed. In fact, I can't imagine that any portable solution will be as good as the laptop's built-in keyboard.
posted by jjg at 5:44 PM on June 28, 2005

Can't help with the keyboard, but we have used this mouse with our laptop for a year or so, even when not traveling.
posted by suchatreat at 6:12 PM on June 28, 2005

If he hasn't bought the laptop yet, or may be upgrading soon, an option could be a laptop-convertable tablet-PC. I find I prefer the pen to the mouse, but I prefer the keyboard to handwriting, (I haven't even tried the speech), however it is useful in cramped spaces (on flights, etc), to have the extra options available, such as being able to transform your laptop into a notepad :)

If the purpose is setting up a proper keyboard on the hotelroom desk, then just chuck a full sized keyboard in the checked luggage. Wireless keyboard and mouse is better. Bluetooth better yet (as you don't need to plug in an external receiver, then unplug it to pack up, as you do with a normal wireless - the bluetooth card can be installed inside the laptop)
posted by -harlequin- at 9:32 PM on June 28, 2005

« Older Looking for a free hit counter for a business site   |   Name that 80s cartoon Newer »