Eliminating third-party vendors from Amazon searches?

AmazonFilter: Now that Amazon.com sells merchandise from hundreds of third-party vendors, a search that previously would have returned a manageable set of results now turns up pages and pages of products. Is there any way to search for products sold only by Amazon and not by third-party sellers?

Why would this be useful? Amazon Prime doesn't work with third-party sellers. Gift options aren't available, either. You can't pay for some third-party purchases with gift certificates. And the sheer number of results is overwhelming. (My most recent search said "See all 2,380 items.") Google isn't much help.
posted by hsoltz to Shopping (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you tried limiting your search by the type of merchandise you're looking for? That might assist.
posted by WCityMike at 1:34 PM on June 27, 2005

How about Amazon Light? I don't know for sure that it specifically excludes all non-Amazon products, but a quick search seems to point in that direction.
posted by greatgefilte at 6:02 PM on June 27, 2005

I would like to be able to do this also, but I don't see how I can qualify my search. And Amazon Light doesn't cover kitchen or housewares.
posted by BradNelson at 5:23 PM on July 18, 2005

« Older Disease-specific insurance coverage?   |   americana? Newer »