Magazine circulation data?
December 9, 2011 11:01 AM   Subscribe

"Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation." Where can I find them all?

In the USA, every year magazines are required to file a "Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation," USPS Form 3526. They also print them, usually in the year end issue.

Does anyone (probably the USPS) have this information on-line? My searching only turns up individual magazines.
posted by Marky to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Not for free, but Standard Rate & Data Service compiles this:
posted by zepheria at 11:19 AM on December 9, 2011

Magazines are generally audited by two major companies. The Audit Bureau of Circulation and BPA.

Circulation numbers are important because they are used to set advertising rates, so the figures are determined by these independent organizations. You may see if they have a comprehensive list ... if they don't you can look for the online "media kits" for the magazines, which will also contain this information.
posted by Ostara at 11:27 AM on December 9, 2011

« Older This is what I get for using something with the...   |   What is inflammation? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.