Looking for a short PCI video card
December 1, 2011 7:55 PM   Subscribe

Looking for a shorter-than-usual PCI video card that has either composite or s-video out. Anyone know of one that'll work?

The PC is an old HP D350 that only has VGA, according to the specs it can use a full-height card up to 5.28in in length. Everything I can find is an inch or so too long.

I know there are converters that can do VGA-to-s-video, but I'd like to keep everything internal if at all possible.
posted by aerotive to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
This one? http://www.jaton.com/vga/graphics_card_detail.php?pid=93
posted by krilli at 9:03 PM on December 1, 2011

This card doesn't extend very far behind the PCI connector itself. It's just under 5 inches. If you look at PCI cards on Newegg for instance, then probably most of the cards that just stop where the PCI connector stop will be 5 inches or under. "Low profile PCI" is specced to be about 4-6", so you're looking for a card in that subset.
posted by krilli at 9:05 PM on December 1, 2011

Response by poster: Thanks, that's the sort of card I've been looking for.
posted by aerotive at 7:15 AM on December 3, 2011

« Older Sorting Image Thumbs from a pile   |   Help me ward off winter scurvy! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.