This record what is it

Random obscure record filter: Band was "The Delta *something*", 70s (synth?) cover album, abstract jacket.

Was out op-shopping today, recall seeing a record which I didn't pick up (being $4 and I didn't know it, I don't take the chance unless it looks really quite good); was going to look it up and possibly catch it a few days later, but now can't quite remember the band or album.

But there are things I do remember. It looked like a synth covers album to my crate digging eye, given the info on the jacket. The cover was rather abstract, coloured squares forming a semi-circle of sorts. The band was "The Delta *something*" - obviously I can't remember the something - and they were playing covers of a particular artist whom I also don't remember.

Help, Metafilter! You're good at this thing.
posted by solarion to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Delta 5?
posted by Sticherbeast at 3:05 AM on November 28, 2011

Response by poster: No. The missing word was more along the lines of "communication" or "collective", something vaguely suggesting an ensemble.
posted by solarion at 3:23 AM on November 28, 2011

So I take it it wasn't the Delta 72, either?

Browsing Allmusic's artist listings might be worthwhile.
posted by box at 4:32 AM on November 28, 2011

The Delta Shamans?
posted by swordfishtrombones at 5:48 AM on November 28, 2011

This Discogs.com search on artist name and the 1970s doesn't show up much useful.
posted by galaksit at 8:26 AM on November 28, 2011

The Delta Spirit?
posted by sneakyalien at 9:13 AM on November 28, 2011

Georgia Satellites?
posted by raisingsand at 11:43 AM on November 28, 2011

« Older Hole in a metal box   |   How do I talk to gf about her past, secrecy and... Newer »