Can anyone share the manual and/or tips for the Chef'sChoice Professional Sharpening Station 130?

Our manual for this device got spilled on before we had a chance to use it, and the pages won't come apart without ripping and becoming illegible. We found a manual for the 120 version on the website, but it's not exactly the same machine. Any tips, or even better, a scan of the manual, would be really handy!
posted by JoeGoblin to Food & Drink (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I have a 1520, which doesn't have the honing wheel (#3) that yours does. I don't have a manual for you, but one thing that I found useful was to put electrical tape on the sides of blade, leaving the edge exposed to the cutting wheels. The tape doesn't affect sharpening, but it protects the blade from being scratched, which is nice if you like your steel looking undamaged.
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 11:17 AM on November 25, 2011

Googling shows several sites explaining how to use it.

I lost my manual, but I never use the wheel with the cover. I draw the blade about five times on each side through the middle and then finest wheel about once every two months. Or whenever I notice a knife feeling particularly dull. Also, it says not to use the middle wheel on serrated knives, so I don't. It has really been pretty easy.
posted by shothotbot at 6:06 PM on November 25, 2011

Best answer: I have this!

Here's a quick scan of the manual
posted by i love cheese at 7:46 PM on November 25, 2011

Response by poster: Thanks for the tips everyone and to i love cheese for the scan! I was mainly concerned about the middle steel wheel, so it helps to be able to read what they've said about it.
posted by JoeGoblin at 11:47 AM on November 27, 2011

« Older To ask or not to ask back?   |   Rush Hour Freeway Commuting Takes Years Off My... Newer »