Kick out the jambs
November 19, 2011 9:18 AM   Subscribe

Our double-hung windows have sprung alumin[i]um jamb liners, a bit like this. After taking the sashes out to paint and re-putty, how do you get them back in the frame?

The windows are original to the house, so 1970s vintage; the liners may well be the same age: they have slots that snap to clips on the sides of the frames, and are easy to remove and replace by themselves. The springs attach to the top, are shielded in tubular cartridges, and have a plastic stopper at the bottom that slots into the groove in the sash. Would it be feasible to replace them with vinyl liners that don't use springs?
posted by holgate to Home & Garden 1 user marked this as a favorite
« Older Quotation: economic theory and reality   |   London Business Trip Basics Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.