Can't find dinner rolls brand or image!
November 16, 2011 6:17 AM   Subscribe

What is the brand name of this one particular kind of dinner roll? They look like little chef hats, they come in a white cardboard tray in a plastic bag, and they have those little dimples on top.

They're white bread rolls, they're not from a can, they're not swirly on top, and they're square, not rectangular.
posted by XtinaS to Food & Drink (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: They're called brown and serve rolls, and there are numerous brands that make them. Images.
posted by raisingsand at 6:24 AM on November 16, 2011 [1 favorite]

sounds like some kind of Popover
posted by reverend cuttle at 6:28 AM on November 16, 2011

Stroehmann, probably.
posted by iconomy at 6:29 AM on November 16, 2011

I second Brown & Serve rolls.
posted by TooFewShoes at 6:36 AM on November 16, 2011

Brown & Serve rolls... I'm weirdly obsessed with them.
posted by stoneandstar at 6:50 AM on November 16, 2011 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: YES. Brown & Serve! Thank you so much!
posted by XtinaS at 7:08 AM on November 16, 2011

My baker Ribman, says that these are made by taking 3 pieces of pre made dough and baking them together in one muffin tin hole. But I think I have seen the brown and serve variety also. But like you, I can't find them now.
posted by SLC Mom at 7:27 AM on November 16, 2011

They're also called cloverleaf rolls.
posted by elsietheeel at 8:01 AM on November 16, 2011

« Older What did I do to my poor computer and how can I...   |   Find me the perfect Spanish training website Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.