house party keg delivery in toronto?

Animal House Filter: house party keg delivery in toronto?

any recommendations of good places in toronto to order a keg, and includes delivery/pump?

steamwhistle seems expensive... but i'm open to it if need be if the reviews are favorable. i'd ordered from Great Lakes before, but from their website, it seems like they might not offer it anymore (SAD FACE)!

the other front-runner is the Granite Brewery, but i'd have to go pick it up -- for convenience factor, would really appreciate any recommendations that include the delivery factor!

thank youuuuu.
posted by crawfo to Food & Drink (6 answers total)

steamwhistle.

STEAMWHISTLE!!!!

mmmm. steam whistle.
posted by chasles at 7:18 AM on November 8, 2011 [1 favorite]

fyi, i LOVE steamwhistle so much i just favortied my own comment. thats how i roll.
posted by chasles at 7:21 AM on November 8, 2011 [1 favorite]

sorry, i should be more informative. i have found that steamwhistle is about on par price wise and you end up with much better beer, and the service fee is equivalent to the tap rental at the beer store, so delivery becomes kind of a wash...
posted by chasles at 7:30 AM on November 8, 2011

Best answer: chasles, you favoriting that comment is my favorite. also, i love steamwhistle.

ALSO: i just answered my own question via a bunch of phone calls, making me feel kind of sheepish. but now i need to share...

GREAT LAKES BREWERY!!!
58L keg of horseshoe lager
delivery of keg + pump
pickup of keg + pump once you've polished it off (you just call them & they come fetch!)

= $188.

WHAT?!
posted by crawfo at 7:33 AM on November 8, 2011 [1 favorite]

whoa! thats pretty good!! right around a buck a beer! so since i favorited myself are you going to mark your own as the best answer??
posted by chasles at 7:37 AM on November 8, 2011

Response by poster: WATCH ME!
posted by crawfo at 9:44 AM on November 8, 2011 [1 favorite]

« Older Where Should I Go for an Surf Vacation in December...   |   Purchase a foreign breakfast cereal in the States? Newer »