The page where two portraits start moving

I'm trying to track down a site that had two still portraits that suddenly, eerily, start to move.

It was something like a salary consulting site, and it hit the blogs around 3-6 months ago. That's a guess. I've googled it, searched my own archives and this site's archives, and I can't find it. Probably because most posts about it were tight lipped about the effect. Anyone remember this?
posted by condour75 to Computers & Internet (10 answers total)

Here you go!
posted by Xelf at 9:31 AM on June 16, 2005

Found it.

(Google: creepy picture move turn survey)

On preview: I lose
posted by Turd Ferguson at 9:34 AM on June 16, 2005

I don't get it...
posted by achmorrison at 9:48 AM on June 16, 2005

the first pictures look like still portraits because its still loading. once it loads you can refresh the page and see no still portraits.
posted by puke & cry at 9:59 AM on June 16, 2005

Thanks!!!
posted by condour75 at 11:30 AM on June 16, 2005

(The creepy part is when the first guy on the left slowly turns and looks right at you, with murder in his eyes.)
posted by Turd Ferguson at 11:34 AM on June 16, 2005

Seen it twice now, and still don't understand why it's eerie/cool/odd.
posted by davidmsc at 4:42 PM on June 16, 2005

david: Usually stock photos aren't animated. These ones are.
posted by mendel at 5:04 PM on June 16, 2005

Bloody terrifying!
posted by phrontist at 10:32 PM on June 16, 2005

i hate only to be able to say "there is more out there". but that is what I am stuck with-
I was in a very modern house recently that was loaded with art. There were three portraits, backlit. They moved very slowly. Not so much a blink, but in one you noticed her eyes were filling with tears. oddly heart wrenching to stare at this strangers eyes and wonder what grief was being felt. Very compelling. Didn't get to ask about the artist- had to go back and plate dessert.
posted by pointilist at 6:21 PM on June 17, 2005

« Older Eye Contact   |   Music loss shock horror Newer »