What painting of Death is this?

What is the name of this painting of Death and some horsemen??

This is absurd, but I grabbed this image off the net at some point and I cannot for the life of me remember who did it. It's incredible. It looks to be Death confronting some horsemen.
posted by facetious to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Response by poster: Thanks! Man that was fast.
posted by facetious at 7:19 PM on October 10, 2011

Since that's answered, I'll add that the Musée Gustave Moreau is one of the neatest museums I've ever been to. The bottom is just furnished rooms, but you go up several floors into multiple giant rooms of Moreau's work. And it's not only all his very best stuff--huge and absorbing--but also racks and racks and racks of his drawings and smaller paintings, which you basically manhandle, pulling them out and combing through them to enjoy one of the most personal experiences you're likely to have with famous 19th C. art.
posted by Monsieur Caution at 7:24 PM on October 10, 2011 [4 favorites]

« Older What are some good dating/meeting sites for a gay...   |   how to reach my toes Newer »