Can you help me find a specific digital video camera + wireless microphone combination?
September 8, 2011 3:28 PM   Subscribe

Can you help me find a specific digital video camera + wireless microphone combination?

I'm looking for an inexpensive HD DV camera that has the following:
  • Hard disk recording
  • An External Microphone input
  • Ideally under $600
Additionally I'm looking for a wireless microphone system that is compatible with this camera.

The thing is, Sony almost has what I want. The HDR-XR160 has all of the requirements I listed above, however as far as I can tell, even though Sony has made bluetooth wireless microphones, they do not have one compatible with this model. I could be mistaken on this end, and if anyone can enlighten me on this, it would be appreciated. (The Sony site is little help)

So, perhaps there are other inexpensive wireless microphones that are compatible with the XR160 or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and there is another manufacturer with an equivalent or better system. Any ideas?

-Thanks!
posted by jeremias to Technology (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It looks like this camera makes use of the Sony Active Interface Shoe, which opens up wireless mic options.
posted by filthy light thief at 4:00 PM on September 8, 2011

I think that's going to do it. Thx!
posted by jeremias at 5:19 PM on September 8, 2011

« Older Vegetarian, gluten-free recipes!   |   Playing card mystery Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.