name this please
September 4, 2011 9:03 AM   Subscribe

What is the technical name of this text format where a certain part of the bigger text is highlighted and presented in a box. See the link below here. What is the technical name of the bit which says " The Mona Lisa had spent two years on Peruggia’s kitchen table. ‘I fell in love with her,’ he said from jail" about half way down the page. Extra points for someone who can suggest a wordpress plugin that allows this.
posted by london302 to Media & Arts (6 answers total)
Pull Quote
posted by missmagenta at 9:05 AM on September 4, 2011

Just checked and there are three 5 * rated pull quote plugins for wordpress but I haven't tried any of them so I couldn't make a specific recommendation
posted by missmagenta at 9:07 AM on September 4, 2011

If this is for WordPress, the default mechanism for this is the blockquote feature, which can be styled in this CSS.
posted by DarlingBri at 9:23 AM on September 4, 2011

Yes, this is a pull quote.
posted by adamrice at 9:27 AM on September 4, 2011

In page layout this is sometimes also known as a callout.
posted by zadcat at 9:36 AM on September 4, 2011

Response by poster: Thanks all for your answers. I am off to check how to implement this in WP. Excellent suggestions.
posted by london302 at 11:06 AM on September 4, 2011

« Older Advice on choosing interior trim colors   |   How can I get podcasts to play at a normal speed? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.