Fatbird and Sadtomato unite!
September 2, 2011 8:03 PM   Subscribe

Fun way to elope in BC?

We want to elope but we want to do something silly or quirky. We were thinking of going to Vegas and getting married by Elvis but that probably won't work out this year. The thought of a romantic elopement kind of makes us cringe. We live in Vancouver, is there anything you can think of that is close-ish to Vancouver that we could do?
posted by sadtomato to Human Relations (7 answers total)

I'll marry you in DC.
posted by MrMoonPie at 8:10 PM on September 2, 2011

Do you guys ski? Find someone licensed to marry people who can also ski, get dressed up in all your finery, and go to Whistler or something. It'll be an eslopement.

Thanks, folks, I'll be here all week.
posted by phunniemee at 8:15 PM on September 2, 2011 [1 favorite]

Best answer: On a little boat in the pacific?
posted by whalebreath at 9:00 PM on September 2, 2011

I don't know how far from Vancouver you're willing to travel, but a Barkerville wedding could be quirky and fun.

You'd get married at St. Saviour's Church; your wedding cake could come from Goldfield Bakery (their baked goods are delicious); that evening, you could stay at the St. George Hotel.

You could either do it in summer or in winter; in winter you could even go on a sleigh ride after the ceremony.
posted by hurdy gurdy girl at 9:10 PM on September 2, 2011

Could the captain of a ferry marry you? Then you have a nice day together on one of the islands...
posted by OLechat at 9:59 PM on September 2, 2011

Response by poster: Update: We are going to get married on one of the False Creek Ferries on English Bay!
posted by sadtomato at 1:07 PM on March 3, 2012 [2 favorites]

How romantic! Best wishes for the upcoming nuptials!
posted by hurdy gurdy girl at 1:22 PM on March 3, 2012

« Older Don't let dad hitchhike with the serial killers   |   Google Doc Gurus, your help is needed! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.