How to get XP desktop & OSX laptop to play nice in a LAN?
June 1, 2005 2:48 PM Subscribe
I'm getting an OSX laptop Monday after the keynote, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to place nice with my XP desktop.
- What router would you recommend? I want something I can plug into my desktop that provides wireless for the laptop.
- Will I be able to transfer documents back and forth between the the desktop and laptop?
- Should I reformat my XP's HDs to an alternate format so the Mac can read/write? (FAT32, NTFS, whatever)
- I'd like to be able to just run the desktop as a headless box, so I can use my current keyboard, mouse, and monitor on the xBook when I'm at my desk. Suggestions?
- Would I be better off switching my XP box to a Linux box to accomplish all of the above? Any links to tutorials?