indie/college music song filter: what song is this?!?

please help me find this song: the local college radio station just played a song, shazam jammed on me, they aren't answering the phone and the online playlists haven't been updated!

the radio show plays a mix of current indie/college music. the song could have been as early as mid 90's, but i think it is actually a throwback and much more current. at first listen it reminded me of 90's girl rock/pop (letters to cleo, etc). the female vocalist sings in a higher register, similar to kate bush but more upbeat. the only lyrics i could make out were the chorus, where she draws out the word "darlin" and follows up with a phrase about the length of "do do do do do". google suggested avril lavigne and tegan and sara, both of which are not it.
posted by ps_im_awesome to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Sweet Darlin', by She & Him perhaps?
posted by Syllables at 7:04 PM on August 19, 2011

Try using Soundhound app
posted by Rikocolin at 7:12 PM on August 19, 2011

Best answer: Just wait until you can reach the station and talk to the DJ. She/he will surely be able to tell you. Better yet, get the name and email him/her.

(Former college radio DJ here.)
posted by spitbull at 7:29 PM on August 19, 2011

Response by poster: thanks all. good song suggestion, interesting app and sound advice. patience is a virtue: santigold - turn out the light.
posted by ps_im_awesome at 7:37 PM on August 19, 2011

« Older Process documentation service?   |   How do I get my friend to follow her doctors... Newer »