MacBook Air case

Recommend a case for my new MacBook Air.

Just got my new MacBook in the mail, and the thing is so awesome that I must protect it. Can you recommend a case?

I don't need something rock solid. I'll usually travel with it in my backpack or suitcase, so something that would hold up nicely in that environment is all that's needed. Thanks.
posted by rastapasta to Computers & Internet (13 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

I've been extremely happy with both laptop bags I bought from Marware.
posted by contrarian at 11:15 AM on July 25, 2011

This Hardcandy one has been good, and it makes me feel a little safer, but it takes away from the awesomeness of how thin and little the Air is. My sleeve option would have been the Hard Graft one, but I was not patient enough.
posted by mrs. taters at 12:00 PM on July 25, 2011

Oh, and for less pricey options as far as sleeve-types go, check out Etsy - I found several there that I liked and I think I would have been happy with.
posted by mrs. taters at 12:01 PM on July 25, 2011 [1 favorite]

Foof makes lightly-padded and lovely sleeves. For something a little more robustly padded, look to Waterfield or Spire.
posted by RogerB at 12:12 PM on July 25, 2011

The Cartella looks pretty cool, although I don't know how well it would protect against dust or whatever kicking around the inside of your backpack.
posted by blueberry at 12:43 PM on July 25, 2011

You might find additional suggestions in the Macrumors Macbook Air subforum.
posted by sharkfu at 12:44 PM on July 25, 2011

What size is it?
posted by nthdegx at 2:01 PM on July 25, 2011

Response by poster: Good question - it's the 13-inch model.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.
posted by rastapasta at 2:29 PM on July 25, 2011

I was very happy with the ballistic nylon sleeves from Booq.
posted by deanc at 2:48 PM on July 25, 2011

I've always thought the BookBook would be a pretty spiffy case. You have the added bonus of looking rather sophisticated with it, too.
posted by texano at 9:25 PM on July 25, 2011

I second Etsy. The thick felt ones are beautiful and sound just like what you need.
posted by Opal at 9:41 PM on July 25, 2011

I use a Tom Bihn Cache sleeve with my 13" MacBook Air. The Air is pretty robust by itself, so I just want something to keep it from getting scratched by other things in my bag and to provide a little extra protection if I drop the bag or if it falls over. If you want more protection from dropping, Bihn's Brain Cell has a loop of elastic fabric near the bottom so that if you drop the bag, the elastic absorbs the shock.
posted by brianogilvie at 2:59 AM on July 26, 2011

I'm happy with my LA robe case. Ah, not sure where you are but but they can be had around the world. I got mine from Amazon.
posted by nthdegx at 12:01 PM on July 28, 2011

« Older Hello Houston/Goodbye New York gifts?   |   How do I add text to the left margin in Word 2010? Newer »