Details Greece's Debt
July 12, 2011 6:00 AM   Subscribe

Where can I find a complete listing of debt issued by Greece, including term sheets?
posted by IndpMed to Work & Money (5 answers total)
I don't know where you could get Term Sheets from without having access to Bloomberg or speaking Greek (presumably they'll be on a Greek Government website somewhere), but the Euroclear website should give you some comprehensive data on outstanding issuances via their Securities Database.
posted by logicalsequence at 6:19 AM on July 12, 2011

The Public Debt Management Agency has some information; I had a quick glance and it seems to list debt issuances, but not provide the primary documents.

Perfect Filings should have all Greek capital markets debt (bonds, notes etc). It should have offering circulars, info memorandums, pricing supplements). That's the first place I'd look for the primary documents. Bloomberg would be the second place. If you don't have access to those subscription databases, you could try the websites of the relevant stock exchanges (Luxembourg certainly, Frankfurt and London probably, and maybe some of the other European ones).

I'm not sure that you'll find term sheets; they don't tend to be published as far as I'm aware.
posted by Infinite Jest at 6:19 AM on July 12, 2011

Thank you both. Your responses were very helpful. I'm such a fan of the Meta suite. Long live Matt.
posted by IndpMed at 9:38 AM on July 12, 2011

If anyone else has ideas on how to find the term sheets, I welcome any additional input.
posted by IndpMed at 9:48 AM on July 12, 2011

OK, I had a look on Bloomberg, and the only Greek government loans listed were from the IMF / EU. So you should be able to get details of those off the relevant websites (hopefully). I'd imagine that the details are public.

About the termsheets: just want to check that we mean the same thing here. As far as I'm was aware, a termsheet is a loan document that sets out the basic details of the loan, and is used as a basis for negotiating the formal loan contract (called a facility agreement). Is that what you are looking for? Because you're not generally likely to find them (though in this case, I guess it's not impossible that the IMF published them).

Or are you looking for something else?
posted by Infinite Jest at 12:38 PM on July 13, 2011

« Older Buffalo University: Where to stay?   |   All I want is a piece of wood with character!!! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.