Song ID, Dubstep Edition

Looking for a dubstep tune when I only have the drop to identify it. Recreation here. Can you help?

Full disclosure; yes, I realize dubstep has little musical substance, but it is fun stuff sometimes, and for that I will not apologize.
posted by alexandermatheson to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I was going to say that I'd be shocked if you actually managed to accurately reproduce a dubstep drop, and you didn't :)

I can't id it based on that, but it sounds vaguely Nero-ish. I'd start by digging through his releases on youtube or listening to his essential mix to see if he played it. It might also be Feed Me or Skrillex.
posted by empath at 9:22 AM on July 5, 2011

Response by poster: It was a pitiful effort, I'll admit. [anecdote] I mastered some tracks for a dubstep producer, though, and have a vague concept of the softsynths used.[/anecdote]

I'll check out the Nero mix. I thought it might be Skrillex also, but if it is, the track's eluded me.
posted by alexandermatheson at 1:20 PM on July 5, 2011

Response by poster: That's certainly an impressive set, but alas, the mystery track wasn't in the line-up. Thanks anyways!
posted by alexandermatheson at 1:26 PM on July 5, 2011

« Older Wifi/Radio interference question   |   Roman fantasy, not Medieval fantasy! Newer »