Where can I find a Moleskine, or Moleskine equivalent with black paper?
June 21, 2011 12:39 PM   Subscribe

It's pretty simple, I'm looking to get a Moleskin with jet black paper. I'm not really looking for something spiral bound, but an actual quality notebook. Does anyone know where I might find something like that?
posted by rudhraigh to Shopping (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Any half decent art store will have pads and notebooks with black paper in them.
posted by fire&wings at 12:48 PM on June 21, 2011

Klutz makes a jet black paper notebook, but it's spiral-bound:

Here's a ask metafilter thread from a couple years ago, about this topic:
posted by wittysobriquet at 2:35 PM on June 21, 2011

Etsy alchemy. Any bookbinder can make one for you surprisingly cheap.
posted by libraryhead at 3:56 PM on June 21, 2011

speaking as someone who does the buying for an art supply store that i consider at least half-decent, i'm not aware of any moleskine-style notebooks with black paper. the closest things we have ever stocked are pads of black pastel and charcoal paper and a spiral-bound sketch book with black paper from montana cans, which was discontinued.

but, derwent just recently introduced their black books which are spiral-bound sketch books with black paper. they should be showing up in stores soon if they haven't already. (actually, derwent has already announced they will be making a pad version of their black books.)

black art surfaces are becoming trendy right now — expect to see lots of black-primed canvases in stores this fall — so i would guess that more black-paper sketch books and notebooks won't be far behind. (and they'll have QR codes on them.)
posted by jimw at 5:43 PM on June 21, 2011

« Older Lonely, older, and living with parent   |   How do I write a letter of support for an... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.