Recommend a "best buy" for Technology E&O Insurance?

Looking for a "best buy" technology errors and omissions provider for my professional service business (I am a technology consultant).

Have been using The Hartford, but I want to see if there is a cheaper place out there and one that someone recommends based on experience (e.g. did the insurance company pay out for legal costs, etc)
posted by vacannondale to Work & Money (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

First of all, every insurance company is going to "pay out for legal costs" when there is a covered claim. That's how insurance works.

Second, just call your broker and tell him you want to shop around. The CGL market is highly competitive, and you're likely to be able to find half a dozen companies that will write your business for a similar price. Only no one on here is going to be able to tell you who. AskMe isn't an insurance brokerage, and no one on here is qualified to give you a quote, at least not in this forum.

The Hartford is a fine and well-respected commercial lines carrier. I think the real trick for you is going to be finding a carrier which is big enough to be professional and write the kind of business you're looking for yet small enough to be really willing to work with you, as we're really not talking about all that much premium here. Couple of hundred bucks, maybe a thousand at best, I'd guess. Some of the bigger players will write small policies but spend most of their time and energy catering to bigger fish. Again, this is something you're going to want to talk to your broker about.
posted by valkyryn at 5:33 AM on June 10, 2011

« Older Keeping cool on the sidelines   |   How can I remain calm, focused and accurate when... Newer »