Seeking mental health professional in Brooklyn or lower Manhattan

Seeking recommendations for a mental health therapist in North Brooklyn/lower Manhattan.

Hi all. I'm looking for a mental health professional (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, whatever) in the North Brooklyn or lower Manhattan area. Proximity to the L train is very important. I'm interested in pursuing CBT to treat mild depression and destructive thought patterns. I need someone who takes NY STATE HEALTH PLUS or has a VERY VERY GENEROUS SLIDING SCALE. I prefer a female therapist, but it's not necessary. It is also important that this person be laid back and non-judgemental about non-traditional relationships (I will need to be able to discuss past relationships that were open relationships).

Thanks for your help!
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (1 answer total)

I really like Stephen Lewis. His contact information is here. He is very open to non-traditional relationships and an excellent counselor. He works out of the Union Square area. I can't tell you about what sliding scale he's working with.

This group offers a sliding scale and is originally how I found him. I can't tell you anything about those individual therapists--they used to have information about them which would help you choose someone who is right for you.

Both of those websites suck, so apologies for that!
posted by the young rope-rider at 9:56 AM on June 1, 2011

« Older In what situations is a short sale then buy back...   |   Nudging boyfriend towards fashionableness? Newer »