Article about a debt collector - help me find it

Help me find...an article about the owner of a small debt collection agency. Came out within the past few years. Described the business from his perspective.

I remember reading a story about a debt collector, a small business owner who ran his own business after working in the industry for a few years. I thought it was in one of our local weekly papers (in the SF Bay Area) but I haven't been able to find it online. I think it came out within the past few years.

I'd like to find this article again. It really helped explain how the industry worked. I think the reporter followed around the debt collector guy for a few days and just basically explained what it's like from his perspective. Would love to forward this article to a friend, but I can't find it.

Anyone else see this, remember where it was?
posted by quinoa to Grab Bag (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Was it this article in the New Yorker? (Not bay-area for sure.)
posted by BlahLaLa at 10:42 AM on May 31, 2011

You are so right! 5 minutes! Whoo hoo!
posted by quinoa at 7:07 AM on June 1, 2011

« Older Please recommend some beach/commuting reads.   |   Nice spa in nyc? Newer »