Where to buy Giant Microbes toys in NYC?

Where can I buy giant microbes plush toys in New York City?

So, today is Thursday, a certain special someone's birthday is Monday, and I just got the perfect gift idea. But how can I get my microbes in time? Does anyone know a store in New York City that sells them?

I live in Park Slope and work in Chelsea, but anywhere I can get to with an unlimited Metrocard is fair game. Oh Metafilter, won't you please help me get a deadly disease?

(and yes I know ThinkGeek and Amazon both sell them and have expedited shipping. That's plan B.)
posted by goingonit to Shopping (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I think I saw them at the AMNH gift shop, but that was a decade ago. Give them a call?
posted by AsYouKnow Bob at 5:01 PM on May 19, 2011

I don't know where to get them in NYC, but just wanted to say that my wife is an epidemiologist, and these were the best thing she ever received at her baby showers. She is so happy to have Chlamydia! And Lyme Disease, and Chicken Pox!
posted by sanka at 5:11 PM on May 19, 2011 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Exit 9
posted by Shebear at 5:28 PM on May 19, 2011 [1 favorite]

If you live near any medical school big enough to have a gift shop, give them a call.
posted by troublesome at 6:13 PM on May 19, 2011

My school's pharmacy has them. Are you near a college?
posted by magnetsphere at 7:14 PM on May 19, 2011

Best answer: yes, exit 9 on Smith Street off Bergen has them.
posted by sweetkid at 9:08 PM on May 19, 2011

Response by poster: Exit 9 on Smith Street hooked me up. Thanks all!
posted by goingonit at 3:15 PM on May 20, 2011

« Older Pointed Questions   |   How can I make my barista position more appealing... Newer »