Donating to charity in Madison, WI.

I am moving away from Madison, WI on Saturday. I want to donate a whole bunch of clothes and shoes and things. I can not for the life of me find hours and guidelines online. I often go by a "donation station" while on the bus, and will stop there tomorrow, but it would be nice to find this information so I can just call a taxi and run over with all my donations tomorrow, instead of doing so on Friday.
posted by kavasa to Grab Bag (8 answers total)

Can't you just roll up behind St. Vinnie's during business hours and dump the stuff?
posted by interrobang at 5:11 PM on May 11, 2005

Or... if it's decent stuff and you're about 6'2" and wear size 12 shoes, email me. My UW-student brother lives on Doty Street.
posted by naomi at 5:42 PM on May 11, 2005

noami - heh! I'm 5'6" and wear ten and a halfs. Sorry.

Interrobang - I feel dumb, thanks. I read an article about SVDP a couple years ago and should have remembered them.
posted by kavasa at 7:22 PM on May 11, 2005

*sigh* *sigh*
I lived in Madison for 12 years. I now live in an area of Canada which I loath.
Thanks for making me remember for a moment how great madtown was. I recall once dropping donations off at a Goodwill on University Ave, just beyond the UW, right after the overpass. Nearby a wonderful Asian restaurant.
Okay, I'll stop now...
posted by archae at 7:58 PM on May 11, 2005

There's a thrift store on E. Washington (not sure of the exact address) but they might be worth dropping it off at. I'm currently trying to get a job in Madison.
posted by drezdn at 11:46 PM on May 11, 2005

Madison Freecycle?
posted by raster at 8:55 AM on May 12, 2005

Man I miss Madison, I lived a block away from the St. Vinnies near the Crystal Corner. :(
posted by patrickje at 10:00 AM on May 12, 2005

« Older New home septic tank   |   A PC Game Involing Gangs from the Late Eighties Newer »