faceache

I didn't change any settings, but Facebook has suddenly decided to merge facebook chat with messages, and to put all messages to and from a person into one single conversation stretching back forever. Is there any way to change this back?

I really hate this, as I don't want every single message from forever to be there on the same page every time I send a new one. And I certainly don't want every thing I say in chat to be recorded in messages without any ability to delete it. Who thought this would be a good idea?
posted by moorooka to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

It looks like it's what they want. I don't see any way to change it back.
posted by hotdiggitydog at 4:07 PM on May 14, 2011

Yep.. that's the new Facebook unified messaging center crap. I'm not aware of any way to change it back.
posted by jmnugent at 4:13 PM on May 14, 2011

If you go to the actions tab on the right side, and selecte "delete messages", it will allow you to delete all messages, or some, depending on what you want to do.
posted by dflemingecon at 4:13 PM on May 14, 2011

moorooka: "Who thought this would be a good idea?"

Google. They called it Google Wave.
posted by mkultra at 4:31 PM on May 14, 2011 [2 favorites]

Deleted is really a misleading word. You can make it so that you can't see the message by doing what dflemingecon says.
posted by anaelith at 5:01 PM on May 14, 2011

« Older The Giving Tree   |   What WinAmp equalizer setting will most emphasize... Newer »