Salsa in DC Recommendations

Salsa in Washington DC area: Where are the best places to dance salsa in the washington dc area?

I'm looking for information on Salsa and Bachata. Where are the best places to dance salsa and bachata in the washington DC area, what nights of the week, and what instructors are good? Also, where do they offer progressive classes? Any tips on how to improve quickly, and what are the best shoes for a female to wear? Any other salsa related resources out there on the web that you know of would be appreciated too.
posted by dmbfan93 to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

I don't really know anything about it, but I have heard that Cafe Citron in Dupont Circle is a good place for salsa dancing.
posted by echo0720 at 3:18 PM on May 13, 2011

There's a place called The Salsa Room on Columbia Pike in Arlington. It used to be called Cecilia's and people seemed to like it.
posted by The Lamplighter at 4:34 PM on May 13, 2011

Habana Village - Adams Morgan
There's also Guarappo's in Arlington.
posted by stratastar at 4:41 PM on May 13, 2011

Cafe Citron has free salsa classes (Wednesdays, I think). It's been a while since I went, but I think that there's a more advanced class/ free for all on Thursdays.
posted by charmcityblues at 9:08 PM on May 13, 2011

« Older Find Service Dog in NJ   |   Retake GMAT for resume bullet point Newer »