Help me play with my balls.
May 10, 2011 10:26 PM   Subscribe

So I need to move some balls

So, I've been playing around with LEGO (see my previous question) and now I want to move balls. See this video, for example. Does anyone know anything about these systems? They seem to be called "great ball contraptions" which is as good a name as any, but clearly they're custom-designed.

But my question is this: every video of this type that I see on Youtube has the same basketballs and soccer balls, but they are different people. Where do they get these balls? Is their a LEGO-approved mini ball supplier? Anyone have any ideas here?
posted by dfriedman to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Soccer balls. Basketball.
posted by unliteral at 10:33 PM on May 10, 2011

Look like Subbuteo balls too. Subbuteo balls
posted by MarvinJ at 4:58 AM on May 11, 2011

I don't know anything about the balls. The machines are more commonly known as Rube Goldberg devices, if you are googling around for more. I believe there is a yearly competition for the most complicated/awesome device.
posted by bessel functions seem unnecessarily complicated at 7:02 AM on May 11, 2011

« Older Human helps animal, animal helps human right back   |   What's the easiest way to get back and forth to... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.