Where the heavy catz at? Onlinez.

What's the best way to find musicians to collaborate (online) for recording music? This would be rock/alt country or something along those lines.

Hello all,

I've been working pretty hard on my singing/guitar playing these days and making some recordings that I think sound pretty decent. I'm using Reaper currently, which I've been enjoying and I'm pretty used to.

I'd like to add some bass/drums/piano/better guitar players. I was hoping to find reasonably decent to good people online who might want to add tracks to these recordings.

So...where do said people hangout? I know there are websites and services specifically for this sort of thing but I don't know much about them. Any suggestions?

posted by sully75 to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for (more open-source-ish collaboration), but you might want to check out hitRECord.org.
posted by sums at 12:10 AM on May 2, 2011

May I also suggest the meatspace world - especially at the places where your music might one day play. Being around other creative types can be inspiring in more ways than you think.
posted by chrisinseoul at 8:32 PM on May 2, 2011

« Older Best use of 3 dollars ever?   |   "Amethyst Biomat" - what is the deal? Newer »