What Wifi connector is this?
April 18, 2011 8:16 PM   Subscribe

Can YOU identify this wifi connector?


It looks like a n-female except notice the center is male. I can't find a pigtail to fit. Link?
posted by passtehbrainz to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
It looks like a reverse polarity SMA plug

Wikipedia sez: "RP-SMA connectors are widely used by Wi-Fi equipment manufacturers to comply with specific local regulations {Section 15.203 Antenna requirement}, e.g. the FCC, which are designed to make it difficult for consumers to connect antennas with gain and thereby breach compliance."

google up RP-SMA female and you'll find options.

So, going to be upping the gain?
posted by Mad_Carew at 8:58 PM on April 18, 2011

I think it's a reverse polarity N female connector (see RP-N female).
posted by RichardP at 9:04 PM on April 18, 2011

that's much larger than a RP-SMA, it's reverse N.
posted by thewalrus at 11:38 PM on April 18, 2011

« Older cabin stuff   |   Flickr + Creative Commons = ? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.