Happy first birthday! I got you a Tjōlerfäger!
April 17, 2011 8:24 AM   Subscribe

I am in Canada and would like to acquire an Ikea gift card that can be used at an Ikea in Sweden.

My sister is moving to Sweden in June. My niece's first birthday is in May. Rather than get a gift that they would have to pack up and take with them, I thought a gift card would be a better idea. My sister likes the cute baby stuff that Ikea carries, and I know they will be able to find a location after they move. But I also know that Ikea gift cards are only good in the country they were purchased in. How can I get a Swedish Ikea gift card to Canada in the next 3 weeks?
posted by keeo to Shopping (3 answers total)
Why not get a Visa gift card and tell her to use it at Ikea.
posted by k8t at 8:32 AM on April 17, 2011

Best answer: According to this swedish customer service page you can buy a gift card in Canada for use in Sweden. You can also order one at presentkort@ikea.com or through their customer service at iksc.family.se@ikea.com.
posted by furisto at 9:21 AM on April 17, 2011

Visa gift cards come with a horrendous amount of fees. At least where I am, they do. I wouldn't recommend getting one of those.
posted by Proginoskes at 12:11 PM on April 17, 2011

« Older Help me find one weekend of fun or inner-peace.   |   Help me cut up a giant video clip - easily! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.