Please help me identify a broadcast on public radio in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Hi!

Earlier this evening, between 8:30pm and 9:45pm (pacific time), I was driving from San Jose, CA to SFO along Highway 101 and I heard a very good broadcast on public radio(FM 91.3?) about the history of classical music. This particular segment discussed music by Bach, Vivaldi, and Handel.

I am having trouble identifying the broadcast. Can someone kindly tell me about the program and its associated website?

Thanks! :)
posted by jchaw to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

That doesn't match what KDFC (Classical) or KQED (Public Radio) were playing at the time. It doesn't seem to be what KZSU (Stanford) or KFJC (Foothill) were playing either. Good luck finding it!
posted by asphericalcow at 1:31 AM on April 12, 2011

Best answer: Sounds like San Francisco Keeping Score on KALW. The description of last night's episode: "April 22, 1723: The Town Council of Leipzig Appoints Bach as Cantor: An exploration of the Baroque and the never-ending legacy of Bach, through Mendelssohn, Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Steve Reich, and The Doors’ Light My Fire."
posted by mistersix at 2:37 AM on April 12, 2011 [1 favorite]

Note that KALW is FM 91.7.
posted by Rash at 8:09 AM on April 12, 2011

« Older Cows with Guns   |   How was your recovery from CT surgery? Newer »