ecommerce "gallery"?
April 8, 2011 8:38 AM   Subscribe

I'd like to be able to embed a grid of thumbnails of products either scraped by search terms or manually entered - products from, ideally, multiple sites with affiliate programs, but barring that just Amazon would do - onto a web page.

The page would have other content on it coming from its CMS - so this would be basically an object taking up a particular part of the page, like half the page or a sidebar or something. Amazon has a few heavily-branded plugins that do this, some that work acceptably with their affiliate program, none that are especially customizable. Does anyone know of third-party products that might work?

I'm using Typepad, not Wordpress, so the WP plugin that does this isn't going to help, unfortunately.

Amazon has a "universal wishlist" - I was hoping for something like that, where items from multiple sites could be combined in a single "catalog," some with affiliate links if such were available, some without. A sort of curated shop.
posted by luriete to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I've played a bit with PopShops, which is close, but it excludes the regular Amazon affiliate program, and only allows books. I was hoping for something that would allow ANY product, even if there was no affiliate required - this is not primarily a money-making enterprise - but such an item doesn't seem to exist in a ready-to-use form.
posted by luriete at 9:07 AM on April 8, 2011

Amazon has a "universal wishlist" - I was hoping for something like that, where items from multiple sites could be combined in a single "catalog," some with affiliate links if such were available, some without. A sort of curated shop.

Have you looked at Whimventory?
posted by special-k at 10:24 AM on April 8, 2011

Special-k, I hadn't, but will check it out now. Thanks!
posted by luriete at 11:49 AM on April 8, 2011

@special-k, unfortunately - while that's a nice-looking survey - you can't embed your whimventory list on an external site.
posted by luriete at 12:24 PM on April 8, 2011

i mean service, not survey. :o
posted by luriete at 12:24 PM on April 8, 2011

« Older Recent Grad Help! What to do next.   |   What to do about the wall air conditioner of doom? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.