Looking for a book about Mt. Roraima

Does anyone know a good book about Mount Roraima?

I just found about this fascinating plateau in Venezuela, Mount Roraima, which seems like the inspiration for the setting of the movie Up.

Wettest climate, tallest waterfalls, isolated flora and fauna; it all seems like fodder for a great book.

But the only things Google and Amazon show me are travel books or dry science texts. Is there a book which takes a more narrative-driven look at this geographic oddity? Something along the lines of Winchester's look at the Krakatoa explosion.
posted by marcin_zissou to Science & Nature (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I don't know if any of these are good, but it's a fairly long list.
posted by mareli at 11:31 AM on March 23, 2011

Not exactly what you are looking for, but there's a show on the discovery channel called "Out of the Wild- Venezuela" and the first two episodes take place on Mount Roraima. I found the episodes on my cable's On Demand, and the episodes are also available on Itunes.
posted by Draccy at 4:19 PM on March 23, 2011

Conan Doyle's The Lost World was inspired by reports of an expedition to Mount Roraima!
posted by Tom-B at 7:02 PM on March 23, 2011

Response by poster: mareli, this list is comprehensive, but unfortunately, it's mostly out-of-print, very old, or articles as opposed to books. maybe i'm just wishing there was a recent, quality book about every natural wonder.
posted by marcin_zissou at 11:37 AM on April 29, 2011

« Older Keylogger for Windows?   |   Do I have sleep apnea? If so..what should I do? Newer »