fark links popup blank

Heh. I may be asking for trouble posting this here. I'm having trouble with the Fark website. In Firefox, when I click any of the links, I get a popup window, but it is blank white, with the word "Stopped" in the status area. Help me see boobies! (It's actually all links, not just a couple that have been "farked" by a traffic spike).

I'm running a few extensions: del.icio.us, SpellBound, Greasemonkey, ChromEdit, and MediaPlayerConnectivity.
posted by scarabic to Computers & Internet (8 answers total)

Same problem with Safari or another browser? Fark has boobies?
posted by fionab at 9:55 AM on April 29, 2005

Have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode? Does it work? If so, it's an extension. If not, it's something else.
posted by Plutor at 10:00 AM on April 29, 2005

You don't have a popup disabler on, do you? There's an automatic popup blocker in Firefox Preferences/Web Features. Is it just fark or any site with popups? Hmm...you're getting the actual popup window, so I don't think that is turned on. Empty cache, restart, check safe mode, disable extensions, then I'm out of my league!
posted by fionab at 10:02 AM on April 29, 2005

Have you tried copy and pasting the redirect links (like, say, this SFW one) to another window? Do other links with target="_blank" give you problems?
posted by Plutor at 10:04 AM on April 29, 2005

I haven't noticed any issues with any other sites. I just rolled into work but I'll try those suggestions when I get home. Thanks!
posted by scarabic at 10:55 AM on April 29, 2005

You just rolled into work? Could it be the the workplace admin has installed something on the network that is blocking certain non-work related sites? I am just shooting in the dark here.
posted by wsg at 11:20 AM on April 29, 2005

DOH! Disregard my previous post.
posted by wsg at 11:21 AM on April 29, 2005

(it's a trap)
posted by naxosaxur at 12:18 PM on April 29, 2005

« Older iptables stops?   |   What is the best deodorant/antiperspirant for... Newer »