Emergency Japanese water bags?
March 14, 2011 7:59 PM   Subscribe

Japanese emergency water bags as seen here: does anybody know where I could get something pretty similar and/or what exactly they are called?

All the google searches I've done turn up kind of similar items (like a 1 handled bag on Amazon) but what interests me most about these particular bags are their capacity for storing large numbers of them as they could be stored flat, and yet still have a decent handle for carrying water. Thanks!
posted by benk to Shopping (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Just so you know, the link doesn't go to the image you intended. I think you mean the last photo on the second "page" of images, is that right?
posted by you're a kitty! at 8:06 PM on March 14, 2011

Better link here (I think).
posted by pompomtom at 8:09 PM on March 14, 2011

Response by poster: Aw nuts, I meant to check that, thanks pompomtom!
posted by benk at 8:13 PM on March 14, 2011

I don't know about those particular bags, but Platypus makes bottles and water bladders that are lightweight and fold flat for camping (such as this "water tank"). They might be kind of expensive for your purposes if you want to stockpile them in the hundreds or thousands.
posted by Orinda at 8:16 PM on March 14, 2011

We use similar pouches hiking. Check out the water tank at http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/filtration-and-storage/category. They have filtration and smaller pouches if you look around the site. You can buy these at REI, along with other, similar products
posted by ShootTheMoon at 8:16 PM on March 14, 2011 [1 favorite]

MSR also makes DROMEDARY bags which are efficient for water storage and collapse easily.
posted by special-k at 10:20 PM on March 14, 2011

« Older Is now a good time to buy a Honda?   |   Identify the alien rubik's cube movie Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.