A better tool that pgAdmin?
April 26, 2005 5:55 AM   Subscribe

What's a good, free database designing/administrating tool which works with postgresql? I've been using pgAdmin III, and while that does the basics, it doesn't have useful features like a buffer of previous queries and their results.

I want something similar to pgAdmin but with more convenience features. The ability to save queries in a buffer so that they can be edited and re-run is key.

I'm more concerned with a flexible way to design the database (create schema and experiment, and edit procedures and views) than with administration or data manipulation.

Your recommendations?
posted by orthogonality to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Maybe DB Manager Pro would help. I've been using their free version against a MySQL database for writing queries and exporting database definitions. They also have a visual designer utility that looks useful, but costs extra.
posted by hoppytoad at 9:20 AM on April 26, 2005

What platform?
posted by jpburns at 10:18 AM on April 26, 2005

jpburns writes "What platform?"

Win2K, running cygwin. I can compile stuff with gcc if necessary, or the MS command-line compile if really, really, really necessary.
posted by orthogonality at 10:47 AM on April 26, 2005

(Sorry... I was going to suggest CocoaMySQL, a great tool for Mac OSX...)
posted by jpburns at 12:31 PM on April 26, 2005

(oops... then I finally read your post properly, and see you were asking about postgresql...)

Nevermind... I got nothing...
posted by jpburns at 12:34 PM on April 26, 2005

« Older Designer looking for Information Architecture job...   |   Credit Unions in Northern Virginia Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.