We Need a New All-in-one Printer!!

It's time to (massively) upgrade our home printing capabilities. We are looking for a color laser all in-one-device. Wireless printing capability would be nice, too... Recommendations?
posted by Irontom to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

I have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Premium all-in-one, and love it. Wireless, print from iPhone/iPad/iPod, two-sided printing, holds 500 sheets of paper in two trays. It's been a fantastic additon to my home office.
posted by NotMyselfRightNow at 1:00 PM on February 25, 2011

(Just to prevent any sort of accidents, the printer suggested above is an inkjet printer)

No specific models as I've not owned a multifunction, but I've had good luck with Brother and Samsung for good, affordable color laser printers.
posted by floam at 2:05 PM on February 25, 2011

Ahh, you're right. Sorry, my mistake - I missed the word "laser" in the question.
posted by NotMyselfRightNow at 2:52 PM on February 25, 2011

All my experiences with those HP Officejets have been horrible. Constant jamming/feeding issues. Problems with ink heads and the newest models all have issues detecting when paper is inserted into them. If you decide to go with HP make sure to visit the HP forums and do a search on the model you are thinking of buying to see some real world issues.

My goto all-in-one color laser is the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP. I think the Workcentre version of this model is about $100 cheaper. Compared to brands like HP or Brother they're built like tanks.
posted by damn dirty ape at 11:41 PM on February 25, 2011

« Older What are some good seeds to give as gifts?   |   An App to Keep Track Newer »