Excel mail merge

I want to use Excel's mail merge feature to make students ID's. In order to do this, I must be able to insert photos into specific cells. When I insert a picture it just lays on top across whatever cell happen to be behind it. Is there a way for me to get pictures into specific cells?
posted by leapingsheep to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I have no experience with mail merge, but google turned up this thread, which reports that there is a Word function called INCLUDEIMAGE, but that it doesn't always work as intended. But the Idea would be to include the path to the image (file://path/to/image) in the cell rather than the image itself.

Try these google results.
posted by misterbrandt at 9:34 AM on April 24, 2005

On Excel X for Mac, highlight all the cells that you want merged and then click the "merge cells" checkbox on the formatting palette under Text Alignment. If you're on windows just search help for "Merge Cells."
posted by benightedly_heedful at 11:08 AM on April 24, 2005

I don't think there's a way of doing this in Excel, but Access will do what you want. Create a table with the fields you want and include an OLE object field. This will allow you to insert a bitmapped image into the table. You can then display the image in an Access form along with the rest of the data, formatted however you like.
posted by cbrody at 2:19 PM on April 24, 2005

thanks everyone!
posted by leapingsheep at 6:56 AM on April 26, 2005

« Older Automatic RSS Generation for Podcasting   |   Going Down With The Ship Newer »