Movie title? Man attacked by demons, etc.

I am trying to remember the title of a movie. The plot is that a man is being attacked by demons wherever he goes. At some point he realizes he is in purgatory and the demons are actually angels working to free him from his attachment to the material plane. Anyone?
posted by mutrux to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Isn't that what Jacob's Ladder is all about?
posted by wabbittwax at 5:07 PM on February 16, 2011 [1 favorite]

It's Jacob's Ladder for sure. Great movie.
posted by Sticherbeast at 5:11 PM on February 16, 2011 [1 favorite]

Jacob's Ladder relevant quote here
posted by otolith at 6:11 PM on February 16, 2011

That movie still freaks me out.
posted by Admiral Haddock at 6:12 PM on February 16, 2011

If you like that movie you might be interested in the book "The Great Divorce" by C. S. Lewis (which, of course, was inspired on even older works). Just "throwing it out there".
posted by forthright at 6:55 PM on February 16, 2011

Jacob's Ladder, but a damned shame this question couldn't be asked without spoiling the hell out of the movie for anyone unlucky enough not to have seen it yet. :-(
posted by Decani at 3:49 AM on February 17, 2011

Thanks everyone for the response. Yes, Decani that did occur to me. I wasn't sure of a spoiler-free way to ask my question...
posted by mutrux at 9:31 PM on March 7, 2011

« Older 2011: The Summer of Brazil   |   Looking for arctic horrors Newer »