Where can I find a kickass keyboard tray I can firmly attach to a desk made of glass?
February 14, 2011 3:45 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find a kickass keyboard tray I can firmly attach to a desk made of glass?

That about says it. Every decent tray i've ever used has needed to be bolted to the desk to keep the keyboard level and steady. I've used one at home for a while now that just won't cut it anymore, that clamps onto my old particle board desk. The clampy-tray is kinda bouncy and annoying.

Now, my friend has this really nice glass desk he got at Ikea that I was planning to get, but I am pretty sure I can't drill through the glass to make the standard tray setup work. (It seems like a bad idea, anyway).

Suggestions (besides, 'don't buy a glass desk, dumbass')?
posted by bitterkitten to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Is this too similar to what you have? It's the best thing I could find... of course, the pricing doesn't exactly go with 'Ikea desk,' either.
posted by Andrhia at 5:41 PM on February 14, 2011

You might be able to drill through the glass, or bring the desk to a glasscutter and have them do it.

posted by dudeman at 7:14 PM on February 14, 2011

Tempered glass doesn't drill well at all, this tray works with any desk no tools no drilling.
posted by hortense at 7:50 PM on February 14, 2011

After my last keyboard tray broke, I replaced it with a ">Herman Miller Scooter Stand instead, and I'm very pleased. I spend so much time at my desk that it was worth the cost to me.

(Of course, as Andrhia mentioned about another item, the price on this one doesn't go with "IKEA desk," either. And the styles might not mesh all that well.)
posted by jeri at 8:58 PM on February 18, 2011 [1 favorite]

« Older Artificial sweetener is my vice and I think it is...   |   chop chop chop! -shwing!- Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.