Cheap William and Kate commemorative china in Toronto?

Where in Toronto (or online with cheap shipment to Canada) can I find cheap knockoff commemorative china of Prince William and Kate's wedding? I want to get a friend a gag birthday gift, but upwards of $65 for shipment of the real stuff is just not happening.
posted by Dasein to Shopping (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Print it out. Tape it on a paper plate. Done.
posted by halseyaa at 12:12 PM on February 14, 2011

Obtain photos. Using plain white glue or fancy adhesive spray (permanent and waterproof), affix to china from Value Village.

Cute tags.
posted by variella at 12:31 PM on February 14, 2011

Love the answers above -- if you still want something "real" (however tacky it might be), maybe a helpful friend or Interwebs acquaintance would be willing to send it over in a cheaper package.
posted by Madamina at 12:34 PM on February 14, 2011

Amazon has some of the official items and some less official. My personal fave. Presumably amazon.ca has similar options. If not, I would mail it for you, cause it's the Royal Wedding and all.
posted by theora55 at 12:46 PM on February 14, 2011

Honest Ed's, maybe?
posted by greatgefilte at 12:48 PM on February 14, 2011 [2 favorites]

Thanks very much for the creative suggestions. I am definitely looking for an actual plate, because he can't be able to just take the cover off - it needs to taunt him with its monarichal nature (he's a republican, I like to get under his skin about it).

theora55, thanks for the offer. Amazon.ca is the poor cousin to .com when it comes to things other than books and DVDs, so its selection is not great. I may take you up on your offer if I can't find anything local, and ebay.ca doesn't come through.
posted by Dasein at 1:01 PM on February 14, 2011

seconding greatgefilte. Honest Ed's will be overflowing with this sort of crap.
posted by ethnomethodologist at 5:23 PM on February 14, 2011

Print out a picture from the web and take it someplace that does custom photo gifts. This turned up on a search for toronto photo gift plate and this person appears to be in Toronto. http://www.bonanza.com/booths/PersonalizedSports/items/Custom_Personalized_Ceramic_Photo_Plate You may be able to find someplace cheaper.
posted by If only I had a penguin... at 5:37 PM on February 14, 2011

« Older What can my friend do about an unknown animal in...   |   Japanese gameshow help Newer »