Experience with ipaybill.net ?
April 21, 2005 8:28 PM   Subscribe

A client is asking me about iPayBill.net as an alternative to PayPal. They don't seem to have much info on their site or presence on the Web. What's the scoop?
posted by caitlinb to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

I particularly enjoy the "Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user. Some text about creating new user." when you try to create a new username.

If you have to ask......
posted by trevyn at 8:38 PM on April 21, 2005

"my prifile info" hahaha
posted by banished at 4:15 AM on April 22, 2005

Any service that lets you accept orders "in minutes whis only $49 singup fee" is a force to be reckoned with. Probably by the fraud squad.
posted by PinkStainlessTail at 6:22 AM on April 22, 2005

3 hits on Google, only one of which is them and is their own site. Where did your client hear about them?
posted by cillit bang at 7:49 AM on April 22, 2005

Oh, believe me, I have no confidence in this crowd - I'd have dismissed them out of hand if I didn't have to craft a response for a client. As noted above, this is sloppy - maybe even sloppy for a scam in this age of occasionally flawless eBay-related spam campaigns.

Now I'm just wondering what the setup is. Like, they make this semi-OK-looking website and then spam people promising eBay power-seller-type status in their "private shopping mall" or something?

On preview: Right, basically no web presence, cillit bang. (My first search was on "ipaybill" + "sucks" actually - starting by trying to quickly identify whether the outfit was reviled.) The client got a recommendation from a colleague, so I'm wondering about the colleague, too!
posted by caitlinb at 8:59 AM on April 22, 2005

A link you can cite to your client
posted by onalark at 9:20 AM on April 22, 2005

« Older NYC-Filter/ Children   |   Can I make my own cheques? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.