Cardiologist in NYC?
February 11, 2011 4:41 AM   Subscribe

Tested, consulted and faced with imminent surgery for repair/replacement of valve. Male, 60, congenital MVP, a problem since contacting bacterial infection. Severe mitral regurgitation, enlargement, familial thrombocytopenia, fatigued, otherwise good health. Looking for 2nd opinion, Doctor recommendations in NYC.
posted by ebesan to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
What you want is the Adult Congenital Heart Association's clinic directory. There's a center at Columbia, but other than that you may need to be willing to travel a little bit.

My dad is one of the directors of the ACHA and runs a center about three hours from the city. If you MeMail me, I can put you in touch.
posted by valkyryn at 5:46 AM on February 11, 2011

I am sure you will find some great information through the Valve Replacement forum. People are very kind and generous with their information -- and they know what it's like. Very best wishes.
posted by bwonder2 at 6:41 AM on February 11, 2011

Check your mefi mail, I just sent you my cardiologist that I have used with great success.
posted by darkgroove at 6:48 AM on February 11, 2011

My friend had a valve repair done by Dr. David Adams at Mt. Sinai, and also recommends cardiologist Dr. John Halperin at Mt. Sinai. Good luck to you!
posted by bedhead at 8:14 AM on February 11, 2011

« Older Old Route 66 Postcards   |   Why do I wake up feeling achy and sore? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.