iGoogle and Google Talk Issues

I use iGoogle as my homepage and use Google talk from there as well but in the last few months I noticed with a few contacts, I can only chat with them in gmail. When they send me a message on iGoogle it flashes orange but the chat box is blank, I have to then go into chat history and see what they said and reply in gmail. I tried searching for answers, even reset my whole iGoogle yet this still persists. If anyone can provide any assistance it would be much appreciated.
posted by thenuts to Technology (3 answers total)

Have you tried using a non-browser based chat client? Pidgin works in Windows, and I use Adium on my Mac. I haven't had your particular problem, but I got really sick of only being able to use Google talk in my browser and always closing conversations accidentally. Life's a lot better with a dedicated chat application.
posted by auto-correct at 7:31 PM on February 6, 2011

With all web apps, start troubleshooting with the following steps:

Try a different browser.

If it works in a different browser, clear out temporary internet files on your primary browser, close it out completely and reopen it.

Make sure you aren't blocking popups.
posted by empath at 9:40 AM on February 7, 2011

Response by poster: Same issue in Firefox and Chrome and it only does it with two contacts that I have noticed. And it is not computer related, when I used a different computer, it also did not work.
posted by thenuts at 10:49 AM on February 7, 2011

« Older Pantry Pile Potluck: What should we make with all...   |   Woke Up, Got Out of Bed, Dragged a Comb Across My... Newer »