Bra removal champion???

What is this half-remembered VHS tape of very-low-production-values, very short sketches, that my friend and I rented in the mid-to-late 80s?

As far as I can tell from Wikipedia and Youtube, it was NOT any of the following:

* The Kentucky Fried Movie
* Amazon Women on the Moon
* Tunnel Vision
* American Raspberry

I mainly remember the sketches were super-short; maybe a title card and then 15 to 30 seconds of poorly-filmed action. The main guy may have been sort of fat. The only one that really sticks in my mind, was called something like, "How to remove a bra" or "High-speed bra removal champion." A bra is strapped to a fence post or something, and the man runs up and unhooks it. The end.

Help?
posted by drjimmy11 to Media & Arts (7 answers total)

Response by poster: I should add that it may not have been a "real" commercial film, and in fact probably wasn't. In those days video stores were a little like Youtube, in that semi-professional comedy and parody tapes like "Hardware Wars" would somehow show up for rent. No idea how that worked or if the makers got any money, but that's another question.
posted by drjimmy11 at 9:10 PM on February 5, 2011

Man that sounds really familiar to me too but I can't think of a title either. I remember a sketch about a caveman plastic bag or some such. The man puts a sandwich between two rocks. Ill try to ask if my old friends remember it.
posted by leetheflea at 9:31 PM on February 5, 2011

Best answer: Might it be Moron Movies?
A collection of over 100 amateurish, bizarre, and occasionally naughty short subjects. Each lasts only a few seconds, and almost all star Len Cella, presumably the 'Moron' of the title. Includes: "Jello Makes a Lousy Doorstop", "The Shy Bra Salesman", "Another Use for Tough Meat", "An Exercise to Prevent Fat Ears", "Schitt for President", "The Perverted Cameraman", "Dreaded Wheat", "Worms Going to the Movies", "The Truck Wrestler", "Walking a Pet Two By Four", "Punishing a Camera for Shooting Bad Photos", "Hitler In First Grade", "Another Use for a Bad President", "Animals Should Wear Underwear", "Ghetto Divorce Court", and many more.

posted by blueberry at 9:36 PM on February 5, 2011

Mr. Mike's Mondo Video?
posted by amyms at 9:38 PM on February 5, 2011

Response by poster: Yes!! Blueberry has it! I googled and found an extended version of the same description:

A collection of over 150 amateurish, bizarre, and occasionally naughty short subjects. Each lasts only a few seconds, and almost all star Len Cella, presumably the ‘Moron’ of the title. Includes: “Broccoli Abuse”, “TV Stealing Contest”, “First Yogurt Sales Meeting”, “Superman at the Psychiatrist”, “Door to Door Fridge Salesman”, “Those Damn Pens at the Bank”, “The Door to Door Dentist”, “Bra Unhooking Champion”, “Dumb Way to Wrap Grapes”, “The Shy Bra Salesman”, “Do It Yourself Brain Surgery”, “Fat Man’s Punishment in Hell”, “Spaghetti Makes Lousy Bookends”, “Onion Abuse”, “The Blind Dentist”, “The Plant Mugger”, and many more.

Many are on Youtube, although sadly not "Bra Unhooking Champion."
posted by drjimmy11 at 9:46 PM on February 5, 2011

Response by poster: Update: The list I quoted above is actually apparently from "More Moron Movies."
posted by drjimmy11 at 10:01 PM on February 5, 2011

Response by poster: (Further update: It seems there was a FPP about Len Cella and Moron Movies last year. I remember reading it but didn't make the connection with my early teenage memories.)
posted by drjimmy11 at 10:30 PM on February 5, 2011 [1 favorite]

« Older College student new to the world of investing...   |   Old school children's books with audio? Newer »