"Hey Shorty, how’s the coffee today?"

What's the best way to get an exact (or close enough) replica of the sign in this screenshot?

That is a screenshot from Zodiac, a movie that my boyfriend adores and we reference that particular scene all the time. I'd like to give him a replica of that sign for the kitchen. What's the best way to go about that? I have absolutely no idea where to start.

Extensive googling has shown that it is not for sale anywhere, and I really do not have the art skills to paint it myself. I am in Washington, DC, if it matters.
posted by troika to Shopping (14 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Offer the job on Craigslist. A designer will emulate it and send you by email a hi-def image that you can print in your local print/ copy shop.
posted by TheGoodBlood at 11:04 AM on January 26, 2011 [2 favorites]

Here is a hi-res screenshot. You can extract it and clean it up easily and have it printed.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 11:16 AM on January 26, 2011

Want hi-res screenshot! But linky no linky.
posted by iguanapolitico at 11:20 AM on January 26, 2011

Best answer: Oops. Here.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 11:20 AM on January 26, 2011 [1 favorite]

Thank you! :)
posted by iguanapolitico at 11:23 AM on January 26, 2011

Best answer: Trimmed.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 11:23 AM on January 26, 2011

Livetrace in illustrator will clear that up for you. Most printshops with have computers w/ illustrator for rent.
posted by thsmchnekllsfascists at 12:17 PM on January 26, 2011

I'll make a vector graphic for you tonight. I promise. Seriously, nobody else do it first, okay?
posted by Faint of Butt at 12:19 PM on January 26, 2011

Best answer: Two minutes work in Illustrator, I made you a pdf.
posted by charles kaapjes at 12:20 PM on January 26, 2011 [6 favorites]

Oops. Sorry FoB.
posted by charles kaapjes at 12:20 PM on January 26, 2011

I'm sad now. :(
posted by Faint of Butt at 12:23 PM on January 26, 2011

Heh, I'm too late to even offer...
posted by IAmBroom at 5:04 PM on January 26, 2011

Also, maybe ask Jeph Jacques as Coffee Of Doom suddenly seems to have a very similar sign... (the font in "Coffee" looks the same to me)
posted by maryr at 9:29 PM on January 26, 2011

Response by poster: Oh wow! This is even better than I was expecting, you guys are tremendous. This is going to make my boyfriend's YEAR.
posted by troika at 11:56 AM on February 2, 2011

« Older Tracking military records   |   Language barrier in the classroom Newer »