SOTU at a bar in Portland, Ore.?

Is there a bar in Portland, Oregon where I can watch the State of the Union Speech tonight (which I think airs at 6:00 Pacific)??

Or a bar that might be willing to put it on without everyone in the bar giving me the stink eye?
posted by Lutoslawski to Grab Bag (8 answers total)

If you just need the SOTU, and not necessarily to watch it in a bar, Hulu is streaming it live. (And yes, the speech starts at 9:00 EST/6:00 Pacific).
posted by shiny blue object at 3:09 PM on January 25, 2011

If you are looking for political folks (of the progressive persuasion) to see it with, there is a watch party at The Guild (on Burnside).
posted by greenducks at 3:20 PM on January 25, 2011

I haven't been in the bar, but The Guild Public House will be airing it on three screens, including a 92-inch screen. Happy hour until the pres speaks. 1101 E Burnside.
posted by Mister Fabulous at 3:21 PM on January 25, 2011

The White House is streaming it live along with an "enhanced viewer experience".
posted by Rock Steady at 3:27 PM on January 25, 2011

The brand new Guild Public House on E. Burnside is having a big SOTU viewing party.

(The pub's actual website seems to be a bit flaky right now.
posted by shakobe at 3:27 PM on January 25, 2011

Definitely check out The Guild. It's owned by Jesse Cornett, a longtime politico, and the crowd will definitely be expecting SOTU, not college basketball or anything else.
posted by Ignatius J. Reilly at 3:27 PM on January 25, 2011

Hey guys thanks!! You rule. I think I'm gonna check it out at the Guild!
posted by Lutoslawski at 3:31 PM on January 25, 2011

I'm at the guild!! It's perfect! Wtf would I do without you???
posted by Lutoslawski at 5:30 PM on January 25, 2011 [1 favorite]

« Older How can I best structure a global employee bonus...   |   Learn me! Newer »